Quba Islamic School utilizes ICO’s Islamic curriculum which seeks to ground the next generation of Muslims to authentic Islamic beliefs, values and norms – with an emphasis on boosting the level of communication between adults and young people. Muslims worldwide share a common set of values based upon the Qur’an and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad(saw). The material of our adopted curriculum aims to help students develop spiritually and morally, take pride in being Muslims, and achieve balanced personalities that reflect the moderation of Islam. Finally, the content of this series is presented in a spiral approach, whereby students revisit each area of study and examine it in greater depth each year. Age-appropriate illustrations and pictures throughout the series help solidify important concept.
Key Features include:
- Integrated review units
- Additional practice materials
- A framework for instruction in Islamic studies
- Assistance in learning the correct practice of Islam
- Islamic teachings impart key beliefs, norms and values
- Moral guidance for students living in the West
ICO curriculum is a distinguished one because:
- This curriculum meets the needs of the target group for integrated, coherent, and appropriate curricula.
- They were prepared according to scientific bases, assimilating the most recent educational and psychological theories.
- They were prepared by special educationists who are experienced in designing curricula and who are familiar with the needs of the target group.
- They employed the most recent techniques and educational aids.
- They went through many quality control processes, which were carried out by specialized committees, and they were enhanced by teachers who evaluated the curricula before releasing them.
The Instructional and Linguistic Features:
- Reinforce the proper linguistic basis of the non-Arabic speaking students.
- They build the students’ linguistic dictionary according to their environmental needs.
- Provide non-Arabic speaking students with a good deal of Islamic vocabulary.
- Identify the correct articulations of the different sounds, through the study of the Glorious Qur’an.
- Enable the students to evade making mistakes when reciting the Glorious Qur’an through employing the rules of the Arabic language.
- Provide an integrated curriculum with well-prepared scientific content and vocabulary.
- Take into consideration the students’ individual mental differences and their diverse linguistic skills.
- Consider the students’ different cultures.
- Develop the students’ creativity and mental faculties.
The Educational Content Features:
- Reinforce the principle of forgiveness and the etiquettes of disagreement with others.
- Develop the spirituality, morality, and values of the students.
- Help students have good and balanced personalities.
- Develop the students’ pride in their Muslim identity.
- Help the Caller to Islam to develop a balanced personality that reflects the moderation of Islam.